Wednesday, March 16, 2011

where it all began...

When I was pregnant with Bliss, I shopped in Pottery Barn and Land of Nod catalogs for a bookcase and a toy box.  I went around to specialty shops to see what they had to offer.  Then I showed all I liked to my Dad.  He thought most were not well built.  He said they were not very  heavy and a child would pull them over on top of themselves.  
I told Dad what I wanted and he went to the drawing board.  After days of drawing, thinking, and shopping at hardware stores all over Saline County, he had the plans ready for me to see.  I approved the plans and he got started on the project.
When I got to Benton to see the bookcase and toy box combo, I was amazed.  I told him immediately he needed to go into business and sale them.  Not sure he would make much on a hourly rate because he puts so much thought and time into the planning and drawing board stages.  
Dad can make anything and he proved it with this.

TOY BOX portion


Very nice trim work

A bookcase toy box combo this large is $900.  It is custom made and can be painted any color.  Email if you are interest in this or other pieces of custom made furniture similar to the one shown.
Poppy can make anything.  He plans on building more this fall.  Email if you have anything you want him to create for your special space.

No comments:

Post a Comment